Each day we post a recipe at around 10am EST. Check back daily for new fun foods!
Recipe: Quinoa with Mushrooms, Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2″ pieces.
- 16 oz packages or cans of mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch of kale with stems removed, tear leaves into 2″ pieces
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook Quinoa according to package instructions
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot and add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms
- Stir frequently until vegetables begin to soften
- Add garlic and continue to cook for about 1 minute
- Add Kale, wine, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa and sprinke with Parmesan