Are you trying to reign in your budget after the Christmas spending season? I know you’ve heard me talk about eMeals before, but their new Budget Friendly meal plan is the perfect solution to get you back on track and has gotten me really excited! The just-introduced plan from eMeals stretches the savings they already provided by helping families put dinner on the table for an average of $85 a week—all without sacrificing flavor, variety, nutrition or the cooperation of picky eaters.
The secret: super-economical dinner menus created by eMeals’ food staff with an ever-changing mix of shelf-stable items, frozen foods, value cuts of meat and efficient ingredients used throughout the week to limit spoilage and waste.
eMeals’ expert tips for making homemade broths and other “convenience foods” jump-start meals, pump up the flavor and add extra savings. And the roster of needed staples on every weekly eMeals grocery list saves you time and trips to the grocery store by keeping your pantry well-stocked.
For as little as $5 a month, you get seven menus delivered to your email inbox and the eMeals mobile app every week, along with recipes and a grocery list covering all seven dinners. And now you can try before you buy. Simply go to eMeals, then click “Try Us” to sign up for 14 days ’ worth of Budget Friendly menus and shopping lists for free.
This Smoky Chili recipe from the Budget Friendly plan will have you so glad you signed up!
- 1½ lb ground beef
- ½ 9.6-oz pkg ground pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1½ cups homemade chicken broth
- 2 15-oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 15.5-oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ 15-oz can corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Cook ground beef, sausage, onion and bell pepper in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbly; drain.
- Stir in broth and all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.