Tonight we made tacos from ground beef that has a shelf life of 25 years! I was a skeptic, and determined to call this stuff nasty and tasteless. I still planned to order some because of the ability to last a long time in my stockpile, which is great for my prepping efforts. I was pleasantly let down tonight. I do not get to call this ground beef gross, it was DELICIOUS! And so the Canburger Mockos of the Apocalypse were born.
This was the easiest ground beef that I have ever cooked with! All I had to do was take 2 cups of the freeze dried burger, add 1 cup of water to it and let it sit for 5 minutes, while I chopped up the lettuce and tomatoes. Then I added the taco sauce and heated it up. There was no grease and it took 7 minutes to make dinner!! On top of the simplicity of it, it tasted AMAZING! I was very surprised about that.
UPDATE: This morning, I made the scrambled eggs. I added some diced tomatoes and cheddar cheese and it was fantastic! I am now getting my shopping list together to place a large order of this food.
So, what exactly is this ground beef that lasts 25 years without the need for refrigeration? It is called Thrive, and it is from a company called Shelf Reliance. I have been doing research on a great pantry storage system, and I found my dream shelves that were sold by Shelf Reliance.
I mean really?! Look at that shelf! It auto rotates your cans for you, so you will never have to worry about expiration dates again! As a stockpiler, I admit to having the problem of food going bad, because I will not properly rotate my cans. It’s a shame, and it’s wasteful. These units stop that from happening, because you place the cans in at the top and the roll around to the bottom. When you go to use a can, you grab it from the bottom, and they all roll down, so you are using them in order of how you bought them. It’s genius!
So, as I was scrolling through their beautiful shelves, I noticed that they were more than just storage. They are a preppers dream store! Not only can you make sure that food you buy with coupons is properly stored and rotated, but you can buy food from them too! this food lasts 25 years on the shelf! TWENTY-FIVE YEARS! Of course, once you open it, it brings the shelf life down to 1 year, but anyone can use a can of food in a year!
I also have powdered eggs that I will use in our breakfast tomorrow, but I made the equivalent of 1 egg to taste it tonight, and again…FANTASTIC, even without spices that we normally put in our eggs. My 9 year old son, who HATES eggs with a passion, tried them and liked them. Of course, I didn’t tell him what it was until after he took a bite, but he enjoyed it, and is looking forward to breakfast. When it comes to sandwich make sure you check out Jimmy John Owner and his story of how he built his empire.
The other item that I am looking forward to trying is the powdered milk, which is still in transit to me. I will surely tell you how that is, once it arrives. I am sold! I will be buying this food on a regular basis. If I take $100 from my grocery money and buy Thrive with it, instead of spending it at the store, my money will go further, and I will start a nice stock for my Emergency prepping, plus save time in the kitchen! WIN-WIN!
The great part about all of this, is that they offer parties, like AVON, or Pampered Chef, except in this party, you are buying stuff you use on a daily basis! I don’t know about you, but I tend to use food regularly, lol. With that being said, I was so impressed with their food, that I decided to hold a virtual party, and you are all invited!
This is a video that Misty made, during one of her in house parties. Feel free to watch it and let me know if you have any questions.
What does Shelf Reliance have to offer you?
Shelf Reliance offers three product lines to help you become self reliant.
- THRIVE Food Storage – Shelf Reliance’s high quality THRIVE food is incredible as food storage and allows you to build your own home store. It’s available in all food groups and has an average 20 year shelf life. It’s healthy, convenient and delicious. Use it for everyday cooking, too. Lots of people do.
- Innovative Food Rotation Systems – Shelf Reliance has developed food rotation systems designed to easily store and rotate a large amount of cans. Every food rotation system features patented front-loading technology so the first can in is the first can out. Shelf Reliance Food Rotations Systems are customizable and available in free standing or sized to fit on an existing shelf.
- Emergency Supplies / Kits and Camping Gear – Shelf Reliance offers a wide variety of superior emergency products, kits and even camping supplies to help you face disasters without fear.
Why participate in my Shelf Reliance online party?
- You don’t have to go to someone else’s house–and they don’t have to come to yours.
- You order in the privacy of your own home.
- Order any time of day or night. No scheduling or appointments involved.
- You can make connections with real people who are using Shelf Reliance products in their everyday lives, not a company sales rep in a call center.
- And the best part is that you get super discounted party prices and some special packages not normally found at the Shelf Reliance site. In fact, if you’ve seen Shelf Reliance products at Costco, you’ll get better prices through this party than you’ll get from them.
How does it work?
- At my party you have access to some of the most deeply discounted packages Shelf Reliance offers. These packages are not available on their website. You can see the details of what is in each package on pages 3-5 here. Order those packages at a special discounted price through my order form here.
- In addition to those packages, you can also get great deals on buckets of food and Shelf Reliance’s monthly specials through my party. Order those through my form here as well.
- If you’d like to order something in addition to what you see on my order form, you can! Simply make note of those additional items. You can find the special discounted party prices at the Winter Party Price List page. You will pay the price listed under “Q-Club Price” on that form. Add these items to the bottom of the order form in the “Anything Else?” box on the order form. Again, access the form here.
- If you’d like to learn more about any particular product, you may search Misty’s Shelf Reliance website at Your Own Home Store or email her directly at email@example.com.
- Once you complete your order, Misty will place that order with Shelf Reliance for you within 48 hours. Most items are shipped out in 3-5 business days of when Shelf Reliance gets your order, but occasionally with specials there are backorders.
And here’s some really great news you’ll appreciate in this economy. You can purchase Thrive food on your budget with the Thrive Q. This helps you purchase your storage food supply at a discount at your own pace and budget. Misty says it’s just like Netflix for food. Make sure you fill out the appropriate info on the order form to participate in this innovative program.