Creamy Polenta with Parmesan Recipe
- 4 cups water (salted)
- 1 ¼ cup yellow organic cornmeal (medium or coarsely ground)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- ½ cup half and half (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil salted water in a large saucepan. Slowly whisk cornmeal into water until it is thoroughly incorporated. Reduce heat to low and stir frequently until the cornmeal starts to thicken and bubble, approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, half & half, and butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.