S’mores Cupcake Recipe
Nothing beats a toasted marshmallow over a melted chunk of chocolate on top of a Graham cracker, unless of course you mix all that awesomeness in with a cupcake! This is seriously a recipe that you NEED! Bring it to the scout meetings, or celebrate a family outing with these amazing chocolate S’more cupcakes!
Now, I wouldn’t recommend serving them on fire, like shown, but you can gently toast the marshmallows to give them that “cooked outdoors over an open fire” look. Make up a batch and let me know what you think!
- [b]Cupcakes (Recipe from [url href=”http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-chocolate-cupcakes-269713″ target=”_blank”]Food.com[/url]):[/b]
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 13 ounces marshmallow creme
- [b]Chocolate Ganache:[/b]
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- chocolate ganache
- chopped peanuts
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time – beating after each addition. Then add vanilla. Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the sugar mixture, beating well each time, until all incorporated.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- [b]To make frosting[/b], cream together butter and powdered sugar until soft and fluffy. Add in almond extract, mix. Gently fold in marshmallow creme until well combined.
- [b]To make ganache[/b], heat cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, but AS SOON as it starts to boil, pour it into a bowl with the chopped chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Allow to cool slightly before pouring on top of frosting.
- Frost and top with nuts, chocolate ganache, and mini marshmallows. Use a lighter to “toast” the marshmallows. Yum!!