We have various needs depending on the time of year, and are always open to accepting help with our community projects. I will update this page the best I can, as time allows. Items purchased from any of our Amazon wishlists will be delivered directly to us without you entering an address, but you are welcome to order from anywhere and have it shipped or drop off contributions at your convenience.
Fresh Homemade Meals
Things we use regularly:
- Canned tomato products, any kind: crushed, diced, sliced, stewed, sauce, paste… anything!
- Cheeses: mozzarella, ricotta, cottage cheese, cream cheese. Alternatively, I can accept milk and turn it into cheese.
- Eggs: We have chickens, but there’s not enough supply to keep up with demand.
- Canned veggies: spinach, corn, and green beans are my most used.
- Canned Fruits
- Ground burger is my most used meat, but I will make anything work.
- Disposable lasagna pans
- Aluminum foil
- Saran wrap
- Ziploc bags
- Paper bags
- Plastic utensils
- Bottled water or other single serve drinks
- Cattle Panels
- Seeds – We offer a seed sharing box, and accept all types of seeds to share.
- Cinder Blocks – We hope to expand the garden for the Spring of 2022. We need approximately 200 blocks to complete this expansion.
- Empty Cat Litter Pails – We use these to give away food bearing plants to people wanting to start a small container garden at their home. Any food grade buckets of 3 gallons or larger.
- 275+ Gallon IBC Tote – With the garden expansion comes more need for water storage. This will upgrade us from 55 gallon barrels, at which time we will redistribute locally.
- Clean one gallon milk/water jugs with lids.
- Tin Foil
- Lasagna pans – Both reusable and disposable pans are appreciated. Reusable pans may be used or new, but must have no chips or cracks.
- Lasagna Carrying Case – A double decker would be perfect for transport.
- Grocery Store Gift Cards for ingredients: Horrocks, Aldi, Walmart, Target, Family Fare, Meijer, Dollar Tree and Dollar General are all available in Battle Creek.
- Books in good condition, for all ages.
- Bricks of various sizes – These will be painted to look like books as decor around the library.
No Magazines, Pamphlets, Business Advertising or Religious Materials please.
- Pop-top canned goods: Meals, like Spaghetti O’s and similar, are in high demand.
- Bottled Water
- Single Serve Snacks
- Shelf-Stable Milk
- Any unexpired non-perishable foods you have to offer
- Hygiene products
- Household cleaners and detergents
- Toilet Paper
- Wrapped restaurant/take-out utensils
- Cooking oils
- Canned Fuel – These can regularly be found in the wedding section at Dollar Tree