You can grow large sweet onions such as vidalia or Walla Walla onions if you know how to plant them properly, transplant them at the right time of year and then provide the care they need. Learn how to produce some massive onions in this free video on vegetable gardening. Expert: Ali Reynolds Contact: Outstandinginthegarden.net Bio: Ali Reynolds owns and operates a small organic nursery. She has a master gardener’s certificate as well as a landscape and gardening certificate, and has gardened for more than 35 years. Filmmaker: Mike Phillips Series Description: If you’d like to make your green thumb a little greener, dive into these useful tips on vegetable gardening and then watch your garden grow! A professional gardener explains and demonstrates in this free video series.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Search our site!
The Complete Vegetable & Herb Gardener features:
- A full-color encyclopedia of over 100 vegetables and herbs with detailed, expert advice on growing them successfully from planting to harvest
- Planting and growing techniques that keep maintenance to a minimum
- Entries on how to grow unusual edibles, such as refreshing mesclun for salads, colorful edible flowers, spicy mustards, and more
- Descriptions and photos of a host of succulent vegetables, both hybrids and heirlooms, from common to exotic
- Complete information on improving even the poorest garden soil using safe, organic techniques, plus practical advice on making compost
- Recommendations on garden tools you need–and those you don’t
- Information on controlling pests and diseases organically, without resorting to poisonous sprays
- Spectacular full-color photographs of vegetables and herbs, food gardens, and edible landscapes, plus 30 black-and-white line drawings