I found this original recipe on Martha Stewart’s site, but it was laden with gluten, and I wanted a healthier junk food, so I altered the recipe to be gluten free.
Recipe: Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Author: Jodi Stevens
Serves: 18 to 24
- ¾ cup Raw Organic Gluten Free Cacao Powder
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey, Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together Raw Organic Gluten Free Cacao Powder, All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and Nielsen Massey, Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, and mix until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake cups, filling each about ⅔ full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, or about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely, then frost.