Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie
Author: Jodi Stevens
- 3 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or you can make your own crust)
- Saute celery, onions, and carrots in butter until translucent, then add in the chicken.
- Dust the flour evenly over the mixture and stir to combine them.
- Continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, bouillon, and cream and stir well, then add frozen peas.
- Allow to cook over low heat until thickened, while you place the bottom layer of the crust in your pie pan.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper, then pour into your bottom crust in the pie pan.
- Top with pie crust, pressing gently into the sides, to seal.
- Cut slits into the top of the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.