Think growing vegetables is hard work? Pam & Paul built an easy vegetable garden with raised beds on their farm in upstate South Carolina. Pam shows you how we built and planted our vegetables plus gives you some tips on growing organic vegetables without a lot of time and fuss. Pam Stone, Sharon Decker and Ramona Holloway host the radio program “The Satisfied Life” out of Charlottle, NC. www.thesatisfiedlifenetwork.com. Paul Zimmerman is Pam’s other half and owns Ashdown Roses. www.ashdownroses.com.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Search our site!
The Complete Vegetable & Herb Gardener features:
- A full-color encyclopedia of over 100 vegetables and herbs with detailed, expert advice on growing them successfully from planting to harvest
- Planting and growing techniques that keep maintenance to a minimum
- Entries on how to grow unusual edibles, such as refreshing mesclun for salads, colorful edible flowers, spicy mustards, and more
- Descriptions and photos of a host of succulent vegetables, both hybrids and heirlooms, from common to exotic
- Complete information on improving even the poorest garden soil using safe, organic techniques, plus practical advice on making compost
- Recommendations on garden tools you need–and those you don’t
- Information on controlling pests and diseases organically, without resorting to poisonous sprays
- Spectacular full-color photographs of vegetables and herbs, food gardens, and edible landscapes, plus 30 black-and-white line drawings